Residential Services

Trash And Recycling

Weekly trash collection and recycling is handled by the city. Collection is on Friday. If a holiday falls during the week, pickup will be on Saturday.

  • TRASH — Limited to 2 bags, placed curbside. Additional bags must be tagged with stickers that can be purchased at Westlake Ace Hardware and Price Chopper.
  • RECYCLING — There are no limits placed on the amount of recycling that residents may set out. Recycling must be placed curbside in a blue or black recycling bin. Extra recyclables can be in cardboard boxes, paper bags, or plastic tubs next to the standard recycling bin. Items do not need to be separated. The list of acceptable items for recycling can be found here.
  • BULK ITEMS — Bulk items that will not fit in bags can be picked up for free if residents call the city to make an appointment for pickup. Bulk item pickup is done by appointment.

Citywide Leaf And Brush Pickup

Leaf and brush is collected twice a year by the city. Up to 20 bags or bundles may be put out.

Generally, collection occurs during the last week of October and again during the first week of December. The specific dates will be posted each year on the HOA calendar as soon as they are available.

Hazardous Waste

Kansas City offers free disposal of hazardous waste for residents. Acceptable items includes paint, batteries, pesticides, and more. The disposal site is conveniently located near Brookhill, just across the river at 4707 Deramus Ave.


Evergy (electric) (888) 471–5275
Spire (gas) (800) 582–1234
KC Water (816) 513–1313

Snow Removal

The city is responsible for plowing our streets. A snow plow map is available showing the plowing status. However, to ensure timely service the Brookhill HOA does maintain an annual service agreement with a local snow plow operator.

City Help Desk And Emergency Services

Kansas City runs an Action Center that can be reached by dialing 311 (or 816–513–1313). That number is the central point to report a problem, request a service, or ask a question about a city service.

For non-emergency calls, Brookhill residents can contact the police (Shoal Creek Patrol Division) at (816) 234–5111, and fire at (816) 513–4600

Other Residential Services

The Brookhill HOA does not endorse any particular local businesses for residential services. If you’re interested in neighbor recommendations for pest control, tree trimming, lawn service, or other services please feel free to ask on our residents-only discussion forum.